Your Daily Oral Care Guide
Did you know one in four people believe electric toothbrushes are for lazy people? Tests have proven that electric toothbrushes are more effect at removing plaque than manual toothbrushes. We’re here to give you your Daily Oral Care Guide:
– Brush your teeth twice a day for two minutes each time with an electric toothbrush and fluoride toothpaste. Your dentist isn’t lying when they remind you each time you visit for a check-up. Our favourite toothpaste to use is the Janina Ultra White Activated Charcoal Toothpaste to lift stains and refresh the breath.
– Floss once each day, preferably in the evening and before brushing your teeth. Tooth floss helps to reach the places your toothbrush can’t, so that’s why we recommend doing this before you brush and in the evening.
– Only use mouth way before brushing your teeth and when needed. Your toothpaste will include fluoride, a proven ingredient to help prevent dental decay by at least 40%. If you use mouth wash after brushing your teeth, you’ll be washing away all the protective fluoride on your teeth!
– Avoid drinking too much tea, coffee and red wine as these can stain your teeth. With Janina Ultra White Toothpaste and Teeth Whitening products, they’re proven to lift stains for whiter teeth. Check out our post for Foods To Avoid For Whiter Teeth.
– Visit your dentist twice a year and if recommended, visit your hygienist when needed too. The dentist will be able to give you advice for keeping your oral health in top condition and provide an oral care MOT too. (We’ve just made that up.)
– Change your toothbrush every 2-3 months. You wouldn’t run your car on a flat tyre would you? Toothbrushes become worn and less effective over time and can bread bacteria too, so it’s essential you change them often.