Foods to Avoid For Whiter Teeth
Rewind a ten years ago and whiter teeth were something of a celebrity status and if you had a spare couple of hundred pounds to spend on a professional treatment. But now not only are there whitening toothpastes, but also teeth whitening strips to remove surface staining for whiter teeth.
What you eat and drink also effects the state and colour of your teeth, and you might be surprised to see your much-loved daily foods and drinks are the culprits of stained teeth.
As a rule of thumb, food or drink that will stain a white shirt, will more than likely stain your teeth! Discover the foods to avoid for whiter teeth
- Coffee and Tea. Both dark brown in colour, these two are the main drinks for staining your teeth. If you do enjoy a cup or two, swish your mouth with water afterwards.
- Red Wine. Again, if it’ll stain your shirt, it’ll stain your teeth!
- Berries. Healthy but major players in staining your teeth! From blueberries and raspberries to pomegranates and blackberries, the bright colour of each will stain your teeth.
- Curry. The dark orange and brown pastes of different curries are proven to leaving a slight stain on each.
- Tomato Sauce. Due to its high acidity, tomato sauce can make your teeth more susceptible to stains, try adding powder vegetables to the sauce instead!