Teeth whitening products have expanded way out of the classic and usual toothpaste form, and the latest product to join Janina Ultra White is the Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder. Currently available in Boots for £13 for 40g and brother to the best selling Activated Charcoal Toothpaste, it’s one to try for those with stubborn staining. So why do you need the Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder?
1. It’s a natural and fluoride-free alternative
If you’d prefer to use products which are 100% natural, then this is right up your street. And it’s made with only 6 ingredients!
2. The charcoal and clay benefits
Did you know Activated Charcoal is great at absorbing toxins and purifying your breath? We also use Natural World Clay to gently polish teeth and provide a deep clean.
3. It removes stains
Because of the Natural White Clay ingredient, the powder lifts stains from coffee, tea, nicotine, red wine and lipstick for noticeable whiter teeth!
Have you tried the Janina Ultra White Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder yet?
Maintaining clean and healthy teeth on a daily basis is made so much easier with just a few simple tips. Did you know smiling is actually contagious and you’re more likely to get promoted if you smile often?
Choose the right toothpaste
If you find your teeth are stained in areas, bad breath plagues you throughout the day or your teeth are sensitive to cold, heat and acids, choosing the right toothpaste will help improve these problems greatly. Check out the Janina Ultra White range for a variety of toothpastes or visit our blog post for choosing the right Janina Ultra White toothpaste for you.
Change your toothbrush often
They don’t last forever and if you’re using them twice a day for the recommend two minutes, the bristles will soon be out of shape and ineffective in cleaning your teeth. Many dentist professionals will recommend you change every three months or sooner if the bristles are frayed. A new toothbrush will help to remove more plaque to keep your teeth healthy!
There’s no getting around it, your toothbrush only reaches certain areas of your teeth and can’t clean between your teeth as well as floss does. Take a small amount into your hand and hold it taunt, whilst you gently pull it back and forth between your teeth. Do this one a day to keep plaque and food from being stuck in your teeth.
Visit the dentist
Your teeth are an important part of you and without regular checks at the dentist, treatments could involve more work then if they were previously spotted by a dentist. Prevention is better than cure! It is recommended you see your dentist every 6 months, unless advised otherwise.
Limit foods and drinks that stain teeth
We have a full blog post on the foods and drinks that are proven to staining teeth, but the main culprits are tea, coffee, red wine and nicotine. If you find your teeth are stained, one of these products could be the reason and looking at limiting your consumption could help.
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, charcoal has been appearing everywhere in cosmetics and health and beauty products, especially in our oral care products. So what is it that makes charcoal so great for teeth whitening?
This highly absorbent substance removes toxins and absorbs them, removing surface staining and revealing bright white teeth afterwards. How it works is the activated charcoal binds to rough parts on the teeth such as surface stains and absorbs them, then removes them when brushed away! Activated charcoal is also great for balancing the pH and health of the mouth by killing the bad bacteria in tooth decay. Simply put, charcoal is the new buzz ingredient for making your teeth whiter and brigher.
Now before you go out and buy the charcoal you use for your BBQ (wrong kind!) we recommend our Activated Charcoal Toothpaste. There’s not mess and it maintains a clean and healthy mouth whilst whitening your teeth! If you prefer a natural and fluoride-free alternative, the new Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder works to polish and whiten teeth in one.
Have you tried whitening your teeth with charcoal?
Joining our best selling Activated Charcoal Toothpaste, the Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder has been specially developed to gently polish teeth, remove stains and freshen breath. As we all know, Activated Charcoal is perfect for absorbing toxins and releasing extra fresh breath, whilst Natural World Clay is deal for gently polishing teeth and providing a deep clean.
The 100% natural and fluoride free formula is excellent for the removal of stubborn staining such as coffee, tea, nicotine, red wine and lipstick. Used twice daily, the Teeth Whitening Powder helps to prevent decay and controls plaque and tartar build up too!
How to use:
Step 1: Wet your toothbrush
Step 2: Put a pinch of powder in the palm of your hand
Step 3: Dip the wet toothbrush into your palm to pick up the powder
Step 4: Brush your teeth for 1 – 2 minutes
Step 5: Rinse with water
Optional step 6: Brush again with water to remove any powder left
Your teeth will be dazzling white in no time!
Available from Boots for £12.95 from mid-July.
Turning yellow and stained teeth to bright and white healthy smiles can be a long process. Cosmetics procedures and at home dentist kits and trays that look more than complicated could be enough to put anyone off. But our experts are here to save the day with our easy ways to whiten your teeth:
1. Drink water throughout and after eating. Acidic foods such as oranges and lemons can soften the enamel and become eroded with brushing. Instead drink water throughout and avoid brushing your teeth straight after eating.
2. Try pre-filled trays. Avoid the mess and fuss with creating your own teeth whitening trays and use the Janina Ultra White Maxiwhite Professional Teeth Whitening Pre-Filled Trays. This kit is proven to whiten teeth by up to 7 shades in just 5 days and include 10 pre-filled trays for use at home!
3. Avoid drinking tea and coffee. The two main culprits for stained teeth, drinking regular cups of tea and coffee stain teeth over time and cause a yellow tinge. Keep your cups to a minimum throughout the day and drink a glass of water afterwards.
4. Switch to on-the-go teeth whitening. You can whiten your teeth with a few simple sprays from our Teeth Whitening Spray! Just spray, swish then spit and let the spray works its magic to whiten and brighten your smile.
5. Don’t rinse your teeth after brushing. It may be a hard habit to break, but rinsing your mouth after using a teeth whitening toothpaste stops the whitening effect from working. It also removes the protective layer of fluoride that helps to stop enamel erosion.
6. Increase your calcium in take. Some tooth discoloration is caused by enamel eroding away and exposure to the yellow teeth underneath. Increasing your calcium in your diet will help to keep your teeth strong and protected from enamel erosion!
It may seem like a simple and easy task you’ve (hopefully!) been doing twice a day everyday for most of your life, but you could actually be doing brushing your teeth all wrong.
You should always wait at least 30 minutes after eating before brushing your teeth. This is because acids from fruit and juices can wear down the enamel if you brush straight away. Flossing once a day is ideal too, try and do this before brushing your teeth as this reaches places your toothbrush and paste can’t! If you wish to use mouthwash, ideally rinse before brushing your teeth too.
Next up, choose the right tools for brushing your teeth. An electric toothbrush is generally recommended by dentists as many change speed and pressure depending on which area you’re brushing, and they’re proven to remove more plaque each time than a manual brush. Whether your teeth are sensitive or stained from drinking too much coffee and tea, choose a toothpaste that suits your needs. The Janina Ultra White range has plenty of choice, we would recommend the Maxiwhite Super Strength for whiter teeth or the Activated Charcoal Toothpaste to release extra freshness and absorb toxins from your breath.
Time for brushing your teeth! Now we say you should ideally brush for 3 minutes, this is to allow the toothpaste to work and whiten your teeth. Afterwards, spit but do not rinse!! The removes the protective layer of fluoride from the top layer of your teeth which helps to protect against enamel erosion. The special Bromaine Complex will also work to whiten your teeth after brushing, so it’s vital you do not rinse afterwards.
Mention teeth whitening and you receive questions like “Doesn’t it hurt your teeth and cause sensitivity?” and “Do they really work?” In this post we’re here to dispel those myths and put the facts straight.
– All whitening toothpastes cause sensitivity
In the UK the use of high levels Hydrogen Peroxide in teeth whitening toothpastes is banned. This ingredient has been widely reported to cause sensitivity to teeth through teeth whitening products. No Janina Ultra White products use high or dangerous levels of Hydrogen Peroxide.
– You have to go to a dentist to whiten your teeth
Not necessarily. There are plenty of at-home options, which are coat effective and affordable. For daily teeth whitening try one of our toothpastes or for fast results, the Maxiwhite Professional Teeth Whitening Pre-Filled Trays whiten teeth by 7 shades in just 5 days.
– They don’t really work
Most teeth whitening products will have clinically proven stamps on their products when they have been tried, tested and proven to whiten teeth. The Janina Ultra White Bromaine Complex is a combination of fruit enzymes to lift stains and provide low abrasive teeth whitening.
– Teeth become stained naturally
Teeth can become stained for various reasons such as the enamel becoming thinner with age and showing a yellow colour or if you’ve taken particular medicines which are prone to staining. Daily teeth staining can be from drinking tea, coffee, wine, fizzy drinks or other drinks which can stain teeth. Nicotine can also cause outside staining.
We told you two years ago the amazing things you can do with toothpaste – and now it’s time for an updated version! If you thought toothpaste only cleaned your teeth, read on and be surprised…
– Cleans bathroom taps. Because toothpaste has been formulated to break down plaque and food debris on the teeth, it works as well to remove grime and dirt on taps too!
– Whiten piano keys. You know piano keys can become discoloured and dirty after a while? Use a little toothpaste on a cloth and gently buff in until the marks have disappeared.
– Clean your iron. Like your bathroom tap, toothpaste has been known to clean away black marks left on the iron to reveal a cleaner and smoother surface!
– Relieve bites and burns. For serious bites and burns, we recommend consulting your doctor but for minor bites and burns, toothpaste is a lifesaver. Just apply a small amount to the affected area and the toothpaste helps to reduce any swelling.
– Clean your walls. Fed up of scuff and crayon marks? Toothpaste makes light work of this, with just a small amount on a dry cloth and all your marks are gone and your walls are back.
– Whiten trainers. The white rubber around the edge of trainers is prone to dirty marks, but a little toothpaste removes dirt fast. Try using an old toothbrush to scrub away marks!
What’s your best life hack with toothpaste?
You can get Janina Ultra White Toothpaste from Boots stores or through janina.com
Find some teeth whitening toothpastes too harsh for your teeth? Our latest innovation is the ultra-low abrasive Teeth Whitening Foam, with a special Oxygenating Technology. When Sodium Percarbonate comes into contact with water or saliva, it forms a teeth whitening hydrogen peroxide which whitens teeth rapidly and effectively without the harsh abrasives. It is also able to dissolve particles and penetrate hard to reach places that regular toothpastes cannot reach.
The Janina Ultra White Clean & White Teeth Whitening Foam is proven to:
– Help maintain whiteness
– Help remove and prevent stains
– Leave your mouth feeling fresh
– Help prevent cavities
Simply use like a normal toothpaste and brush for 2 minutes twice a day and spit out the excess – and see your teeth turn whiter every day!
It’s the perfect travel companion and ideal for taking to the gym or refreshing after work.
Find the Janina Ultra White Teeth Whitening Foam in Boots stores and online, RRP £13.