Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, charcoal has been appearing everywhere in cosmetics and health and beauty products, especially in our oral care products. So what is it that makes charcoal so great for teeth whitening?
This highly absorbent substance removes toxins and absorbs them, removing surface staining and revealing bright white teeth afterwards. How it works is the activated charcoal binds to rough parts on the teeth such as surface stains and absorbs them, then removes them when brushed away! Activated charcoal is also great for balancing the pH and health of the mouth by killing the bad bacteria in tooth decay. Simply put, charcoal is the new buzz ingredient for making your teeth whiter and brigher.
Now before you go out and buy the charcoal you use for your BBQ (wrong kind!) we recommend our Activated Charcoal Toothpaste. There’s not mess and it maintains a clean and healthy mouth whilst whitening your teeth! If you prefer a natural and fluoride-free alternative, the new Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder works to polish and whiten teeth in one.
Have you tried whitening your teeth with charcoal?
We told you two years ago the amazing things you can do with toothpaste – and now it’s time for an updated version! If you thought toothpaste only cleaned your teeth, read on and be surprised…
– Cleans bathroom taps. Because toothpaste has been formulated to break down plaque and food debris on the teeth, it works as well to remove grime and dirt on taps too!
– Whiten piano keys. You know piano keys can become discoloured and dirty after a while? Use a little toothpaste on a cloth and gently buff in until the marks have disappeared.
– Clean your iron. Like your bathroom tap, toothpaste has been known to clean away black marks left on the iron to reveal a cleaner and smoother surface!
– Relieve bites and burns. For serious bites and burns, we recommend consulting your doctor but for minor bites and burns, toothpaste is a lifesaver. Just apply a small amount to the affected area and the toothpaste helps to reduce any swelling.
– Clean your walls. Fed up of scuff and crayon marks? Toothpaste makes light work of this, with just a small amount on a dry cloth and all your marks are gone and your walls are back.
– Whiten trainers. The white rubber around the edge of trainers is prone to dirty marks, but a little toothpaste removes dirt fast. Try using an old toothbrush to scrub away marks!
What’s your best life hack with toothpaste?
You can get Janina Ultra White Toothpaste from Boots stores or through janina.com
What makes Janina Ultra White special is our whitening patented Bromaine Complex, the science behind our teeth whitening results. The Bromaine Complex is a combination of natural fruit enzymes which effectively lifts teeth stains and leave them looking whiter than before.
The fruit enzymes are Bromelain from Pineapple and Papain from Papaya, which when combined form a low abrasive teeth whitening action. All our toothpastes include the Bromelain Complex to enhance they properties and whiten your teeth without the harsh abrasives!
*Unfortunately it’s not one of your five-a-day!
Want whiter teeth before Christmas? Then Janina Ultra White can help with that and save you money too! It’s the time of year to spend on your loved ones but also keep an eye on the pennies. So why not save 10% on your Janina Ultra White toothpaste with our exclusive code, JANINA10
Just enter this code at the checkout to get 10% off your order, and spend over £30 to get free delivery because it’s the time for sharing and giving!
Why not give our new Maxiwhite Super Strength Toothpaste a try? With our classic whitening patented Bromaine Complex of fruit enzymes, but also with a grade of Hydroxyapatite – proven to whiten and strengthen teeth. Or if you’ve got a Christmas party planned, try our Maxiwhite Whitening Strips for visibly whiter teeth in just 7 days! Apply the strips twice a day for 30 minutes (or once a day for 14 days for a longer process) to remove surface stains safely without the use of Hydrogen peroxide.
Don’t forget to share your #JaninaUltraWhite Smiles on Twitter and Facebook too!
Terms and Conditions: One code per order, one time use before Sunday 13th December. Not valid on sale items and no minimum or maximum spend.
You use your toothpaste every day, twice a day (we hope!) but how much do you really know about your toothpaste?
Along with brushing your teeth, toothpaste can do a lot more than you think. See whether you know any of our facts about toothpaste!
– Before the discovery of toothpaste, people used dry bristles to brush their teeth with and egg shells and goats milk as toothpaste!
– The more fluoride, the better. The most fluoride you can have in toothpaste is 1500ppm (parts per million) and it should be listed on the box. Fluoride helps to control decay and encourage stronger and healthier teeth.
– Queen Elizabeth the First had black rotted teeth, as she didn’t realise the value in brushing with toothpaste!
– All you need is a pea-sized amount to brush your teeth, so don’t overload your brush!
– It’s a multitasker! There’s lots of different ways to use your toothpaste, besides the obvious. Check out our 6 Hacks You Didn’t Know About Your Toothpaste.
Do you know any facts about toothpaste?
We always see celebrities with those pearly white and straight smiles, as a walking advertisement for the ‘Hollywood Smile’. But what are the benefits and facts of white teeth?
Teeth whitening has been around since the Ancient Romans used urine and goat milk in an attempt to make and keep their teeth whiter (we’ll stick to minty fresh toothpaste!) Whilst the Ancient Egyptians believed whiter teeth was a sign of beauty and wealth, but it wasn’t until the the 1980s that teeth whitening became commercially available.
Here’s a few facts and benefits about whiter teeth:
– It makes you more confident and happier
– You’re 10% more employable if you have whiter teeth.
– Teeth look whiter when complimented by lipstick shades with a blue undertone.
– Flossing your teeth helps whiten them! It gently removes any food particles and plaque that could stain teeth.
– It’s more affordable. Now you can shop anywhere and find a toothpaste or teeth whitening product which can help whiten your teeth.
Don’t forget there’s free delivery on Janina when you spend over £30!
What are you top facts and benefits of whiter teeth?
Always running out of toothpaste and having to run to the shops? With the new Janina subscription service you can have your toothpaste delivered to your front door.
No hassle, you can cancel at any time and you’ll be saving up to 20% off each time.
Chose from having your toothpaste delivered fortnightly, once every month, two months or three months and which type you’d like, then just wait for your first delivery! It works like any other subscription service, with a direct debit transaction each month and an email notification for estimated date of delivery.
We want to give something back to our loyal customers, and you’ll be guaranteed your toothpaste every two weeks, month, two months or three months. Happy Smiling!
To sign up to a Janina toothpaste subscription click here and for more information click here.
It’s proven that you’re 20% more attractive and 10% more employable if you have whiter and healthier-looking teeth. But you don’t want to damage your teeth?
Try our new power duo: Janina Maxiwhite Toothpaste contains a grade of Hydroxyapatite, which provides effective and fast whitening, as well as re-calcifying properties for stronger and healthier teeth. And for a whitening boost, we recommend the hydrogen-peroxide free Maxiwhite Whitening Strips 7 Day System to visibly brighten your smile.
Promoting good oral hygiene and controlling plaque,Janina Maxiwhite Toothpaste removes stains from nicotine, coffee, tea, lipstick and red wine to reveal brighter smiles! And if you’re worried about using fiddly whitening strips, clear instructions are provided our Maxiwhite Whitening Strips and they only take 30 minutes per application with no mess required!
Combine these two together and your teeth will be bright and white in just one week!
Janina Ultra White Toothpaste is a unique and low abrasive formula to provide gentle and effective whitening for every day use. The Whitening Patented Bromaine Complex uses fruit enzymes from Pineapple and Papaya to whiten teeth without harsh abrasives, and our most recent releases provide intensive whitening without causing significant damage to your teeth.
So what are you waiting for? Available to purchase from our Shop, Amazon, Beauty and the Bunch, eBay and Boots, you’re teeth will be whiter before you can say dentist.