Teeth whitening products have expanded way out of the classic and usual toothpaste form, and the latest product to join Janina Ultra White is the Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder. Currently available in Boots for £13 for 40g and brother to the best selling Activated Charcoal Toothpaste, it’s one to try for those with stubborn staining. So why do you need the Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder?
1. It’s a natural and fluoride-free alternative
If you’d prefer to use products which are 100% natural, then this is right up your street. And it’s made with only 6 ingredients!
2. The charcoal and clay benefits
Did you know Activated Charcoal is great at absorbing toxins and purifying your breath? We also use Natural World Clay to gently polish teeth and provide a deep clean.
3. It removes stains
Because of the Natural White Clay ingredient, the powder lifts stains from coffee, tea, nicotine, red wine and lipstick for noticeable whiter teeth!
Have you tried the Janina Ultra White Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder yet?
Maintaining clean and healthy teeth on a daily basis is made so much easier with just a few simple tips. Did you know smiling is actually contagious and you’re more likely to get promoted if you smile often?
Choose the right toothpaste
If you find your teeth are stained in areas, bad breath plagues you throughout the day or your teeth are sensitive to cold, heat and acids, choosing the right toothpaste will help improve these problems greatly. Check out the Janina Ultra White range for a variety of toothpastes or visit our blog post for choosing the right Janina Ultra White toothpaste for you.
Change your toothbrush often
They don’t last forever and if you’re using them twice a day for the recommend two minutes, the bristles will soon be out of shape and ineffective in cleaning your teeth. Many dentist professionals will recommend you change every three months or sooner if the bristles are frayed. A new toothbrush will help to remove more plaque to keep your teeth healthy!
There’s no getting around it, your toothbrush only reaches certain areas of your teeth and can’t clean between your teeth as well as floss does. Take a small amount into your hand and hold it taunt, whilst you gently pull it back and forth between your teeth. Do this one a day to keep plaque and food from being stuck in your teeth.
Visit the dentist
Your teeth are an important part of you and without regular checks at the dentist, treatments could involve more work then if they were previously spotted by a dentist. Prevention is better than cure! It is recommended you see your dentist every 6 months, unless advised otherwise.
Limit foods and drinks that stain teeth
We have a full blog post on the foods and drinks that are proven to staining teeth, but the main culprits are tea, coffee, red wine and nicotine. If you find your teeth are stained, one of these products could be the reason and looking at limiting your consumption could help.
Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock, charcoal has been appearing everywhere in cosmetics and health and beauty products, especially in our oral care products. So what is it that makes charcoal so great for teeth whitening?
This highly absorbent substance removes toxins and absorbs them, removing surface staining and revealing bright white teeth afterwards. How it works is the activated charcoal binds to rough parts on the teeth such as surface stains and absorbs them, then removes them when brushed away! Activated charcoal is also great for balancing the pH and health of the mouth by killing the bad bacteria in tooth decay. Simply put, charcoal is the new buzz ingredient for making your teeth whiter and brigher.
Now before you go out and buy the charcoal you use for your BBQ (wrong kind!) we recommend our Activated Charcoal Toothpaste. There’s not mess and it maintains a clean and healthy mouth whilst whitening your teeth! If you prefer a natural and fluoride-free alternative, the new Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder works to polish and whiten teeth in one.
Have you tried whitening your teeth with charcoal?
Joining our best selling Activated Charcoal Toothpaste, the Charcoal & Clay Teeth Whitening Powder has been specially developed to gently polish teeth, remove stains and freshen breath. As we all know, Activated Charcoal is perfect for absorbing toxins and releasing extra fresh breath, whilst Natural World Clay is deal for gently polishing teeth and providing a deep clean.
The 100% natural and fluoride free formula is excellent for the removal of stubborn staining such as coffee, tea, nicotine, red wine and lipstick. Used twice daily, the Teeth Whitening Powder helps to prevent decay and controls plaque and tartar build up too!
How to use:
Step 1: Wet your toothbrush
Step 2: Put a pinch of powder in the palm of your hand
Step 3: Dip the wet toothbrush into your palm to pick up the powder
Step 4: Brush your teeth for 1 – 2 minutes
Step 5: Rinse with water
Optional step 6: Brush again with water to remove any powder left
Your teeth will be dazzling white in no time!
Available from Boots for £12.95 from mid-July.
Turning yellow and stained teeth to bright and white healthy smiles can be a long process. Cosmetics procedures and at home dentist kits and trays that look more than complicated could be enough to put anyone off. But our experts are here to save the day with our easy ways to whiten your teeth:
1. Drink water throughout and after eating. Acidic foods such as oranges and lemons can soften the enamel and become eroded with brushing. Instead drink water throughout and avoid brushing your teeth straight after eating.
2. Try pre-filled trays. Avoid the mess and fuss with creating your own teeth whitening trays and use the Janina Ultra White Maxiwhite Professional Teeth Whitening Pre-Filled Trays. This kit is proven to whiten teeth by up to 7 shades in just 5 days and include 10 pre-filled trays for use at home!
3. Avoid drinking tea and coffee. The two main culprits for stained teeth, drinking regular cups of tea and coffee stain teeth over time and cause a yellow tinge. Keep your cups to a minimum throughout the day and drink a glass of water afterwards.
4. Switch to on-the-go teeth whitening. You can whiten your teeth with a few simple sprays from our Teeth Whitening Spray! Just spray, swish then spit and let the spray works its magic to whiten and brighten your smile.
5. Don’t rinse your teeth after brushing. It may be a hard habit to break, but rinsing your mouth after using a teeth whitening toothpaste stops the whitening effect from working. It also removes the protective layer of fluoride that helps to stop enamel erosion.
6. Increase your calcium in take. Some tooth discoloration is caused by enamel eroding away and exposure to the yellow teeth underneath. Increasing your calcium in your diet will help to keep your teeth strong and protected from enamel erosion!
It may seem like a simple and easy task you’ve (hopefully!) been doing twice a day everyday for most of your life, but you could actually be doing brushing your teeth all wrong.
You should always wait at least 30 minutes after eating before brushing your teeth. This is because acids from fruit and juices can wear down the enamel if you brush straight away. Flossing once a day is ideal too, try and do this before brushing your teeth as this reaches places your toothbrush and paste can’t! If you wish to use mouthwash, ideally rinse before brushing your teeth too.
Next up, choose the right tools for brushing your teeth. An electric toothbrush is generally recommended by dentists as many change speed and pressure depending on which area you’re brushing, and they’re proven to remove more plaque each time than a manual brush. Whether your teeth are sensitive or stained from drinking too much coffee and tea, choose a toothpaste that suits your needs. The Janina Ultra White range has plenty of choice, we would recommend the Maxiwhite Super Strength for whiter teeth or the Activated Charcoal Toothpaste to release extra freshness and absorb toxins from your breath.
Time for brushing your teeth! Now we say you should ideally brush for 3 minutes, this is to allow the toothpaste to work and whiten your teeth. Afterwards, spit but do not rinse!! The removes the protective layer of fluoride from the top layer of your teeth which helps to protect against enamel erosion. The special Bromaine Complex will also work to whiten your teeth after brushing, so it’s vital you do not rinse afterwards.
We love to champion healthy and white smiles and throughout National Smile Month we have been sharing our tips for perfect smiles! These simple and easy tips will have you well onto your way to perfect teeth. Make sure you share your smiles on Twitter with #MyJaninaSmile too.
– Floss daily
You may think your toothbrush can reach all areas of your teeth, but flossing your teeth reaches in between your teeth and along the gum line that your toothbrush can’t reach!
– Visit your dentist regularly
You wouldn’t miss a haircut appointment would you? Get regular MOT checks for your teeth and if recommended by your dentist, visit your hygienist for a clean and polish.
– Brush for two minutes twice a day
It might be an obvious tip, but some studies show people are brushing their teeth for less than two minutes twice a day or only once a day! This can lead to serious plaque build up, as well as other complications for your teeth.
– Use a toothpaste suited to your teeth
If you find your teeth veer on the sensitive side, we recommend the Janina Ultra White Sensitive Toothpaste or for a teeth whitening boost the Janina Ultra White Maxiwhite Super Strength Toothpaste is your perfect match. See which toothpaste you should try with our blog post.
– Avoid foods and drinks that stain your teeth
Common drinks such as tea and coffee and food like curry and berries can all stain your teeth, so cutting down on frequency of them can help improve the appearance of your teeth. Visit our Foods To Avoid For Whiter Teeth blog post for more information.
What are your best tips for perfect teeth?
For your daily oral care, we’ve created four toothpastes for your individual and specific needs. But sometimes it’s hard to choose which Janina Ultra White Toothpaste you need! Our experts have broken down the ins and outs of each toothpaste and how each can benefit you. All of our toothpastes include the whitening patented Bromaine Complex to promote low abrasion whitening without causing serious damage to the enamel.
Janina Ultra White Sensitive Toothpaste – ideal for those with sensitive teeth or if you’d prefer a gentler approach to teeth whitening, the Sensitive Toothpaste has been especially developed to decrease teeth sensitivity to cold, heat and acids contact.
Janina Ultra White Extra Strength Toothpaste – the original diamond formula, the Extra Strength Toothpaste is perfect for everyday teeth whitening and is excellent for removing surface staining for noticeable whiter teeth.
Janina Ultra White Maxiwhite Super Strength Toothpaste – for a quick teeth whitening boost, the Maxiwhite Super Strength Toothpaste includes a grade of Hydroxyapatite that has proven non-abrasive teeth whitening properties and re-calcifies the tooth’s surface for stronger teeth.
Janina Ultra White Activated Charcoal Toothpaste – our best selling toothpaste, the Activated Charcoal Toothpaste helps to purify the breath and release extra freshness throughout the day, whilst lifting stains for brighter and whiter teeth!
Which Janina Ultra White Toothpaste are you?
Shop our toothpaste range in Boots stores from £11.50
We love showing off our white and health smiles, and especially throughout National Smile Month with our Janina Ultra White products. Having a good sense of oral care and hygiene is proven to boost your mood and confidence, whilst decreasing the appearance of gum disease too.
So what are the benefits of using Janina Ultra White?
– They’re low abrasive. Instead of using harsh ingredients like silica which can damage the enamel, we use ingredients which help to lift stains from teeth whilst promoting good oral health.
– They’re clinically proven. Our toothpaste and treatment product formulas are clinically proven to lift stains for visibly whiter teeth and our Maxiwhite Pre-Filled Trays are proven to whiten teeth by up to 7 shades in just 5 days.
– They include a whitening patented Bromaine Complex. This complex includes natural fruit enzymes Papain from papaya and Bromalaine from pineapple to whiten teeth instantly.
– They’re great for every day use. Maintain healthy and white teeth everyday with our daily toothpastes, foam or spray then for a whitening boost try the strips or trays for a clear and white smile!
– They have great reviews. Our Boots customers have been fans for many years and beauty bloggers Joyce and Stephanie have been enjoying our latest launches for whiter teeth.
Have you tried Janina Ultra White yet?